[This post has already been read 162 times!]
Lucubrate Magazine, January 12th, 2023
Smart Education is about a system that adapts to the changes that information and communication technologies bring to the education field. Smart Education uses information and communication technologies to improve learning outcomes. Smart Education evolves technologies that are changing the way students learn.
The concept previously got a new focus.
Smart Education has been around for decades. However, only recently have these technologies become so accessible and affordable that every student and teacher can use them. In general, smart Education uses information and communication technologies to improve learning outcomes. This smart education includes intelligent Tutors, personalized learning plans and digital textbooks.
What is Smart Education?
An article from 2021 discussed several ways to understand smart Education. The paper uses its explanation of what smart Education is :
“effective and coherent use of information and communication technologies to reach a learning outcome using a suitable pedagogical approach”.
The article  looks at the earlier definitions, like
- The essence of smarter Education is to create intelligent environments by using smart technologies, so that smart pedagogies can be facilitated to provide personalized learning services and empower learners to develop talents of wisdom with a better value orientation, higher thinking quality, and stronger conduct ability.”
- Smart Education is ” about providing personalized learning anywhere and anytime.
- Smart Education is about taking learning outside the traditional classrooms; and is an activity that can be done anywhere and anytime.
- Smart Education is an educational system that allows students to learn using up-to-date technology, enabling them to study with various materials based on their aptitudes and intellectual levels.
- Smart Education represents a new wave of educational systems involving an effective and efficient interplay of pedagogy, technology and their fusion towards improving learning processes.
Implementing Smart Education
Although there are challenges when implementing smart Education, it is starting to revolutionize how people learn new things daily via information and communication technologies. As these technologies continue to grow in accessibility and affordability, students and teachers will soon reap huge benefits from smart Education.
One smart system used in schools is virtual classrooms. Virtual systems use 3D computer imagery and simulations to train students effectively and efficiently. Virtual classrooms allow teachers to cover more topics within an assignment and cover them quickly and easily. Teachers can also use V.R. systems to modify their lessons without re-trying the task themselves. Ultimately, this allows students to learn more effectively and reduces the time needed for studying.
Another smart system implemented in schools is smart electives. These classes focus on adding more courses per subject area instead of reducing the time needed for studying. Instead of reducing the time required for learning, these classes increase the number of electives per subject area. In addition, these classes are also easily adaptable by teachers, making it easy to modify lessons for each student individually.
Schools also implement smart homework solutions by adding extra classes for teachers to assign. Smart homework solutions help teachers cover all their posted material effectively and efficiently. In addition, this also ensures that all students complete all their assigned homework and study materials before the due date. Essentially, homework is no longer a burden on students’ shoulders.
Smart Education enables a shift in the education paradigm.
Advances in information technologies present opportunities for novel approaches, methods, and tools for new or improved education and training practices. Furthermore, these technologies are enabling a shift in the education paradigm.
Smart Education, a term used to describe learning in the digital age, has gained the attention of many researchers. The goal of smart Education is to foster smart learners to meet the needs of work and life in the 21st century.
 Demir, K.A. Smart education framework. Smart Learn. Environ. 8, 29 (2021).
Lucubrate Magazine January 2023
The illustration on the top of the article: Adobe Stock