[This post has already been read 2037 times!]
Nsukka is one of the biggest towns in Nigeria. The town is an important city centre in Enugu State. It is home to a foremost Nigerian University, University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN).
Conference from 2nd to 5th July 2019
Lucubrate collaborate with the University of Nigeria for an International Conference; “Education policy and development of African TVET systems for sustainable industries”. The conference lifts and enlights the following themes:
- Education policy for developing and implementing a TVET curriculum that can equip students with the skills they need to succeed in the 21st century
- Education policy for effective assessment, reporting and certification in TVET
- Education policy for successful digitalisation of TVET processes in African institutions
- Education policy for improving TVET environment (tangible and intangible)
- How can education policies in Africa ensure effective continuous professional development of TVET educators?
- How can the industry collaborate with educational institutions to ensure they get people with the skills needed for sustainable growth?
University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nsukka Road, Nsukka
The University of Nigeria (UNN) is a federal university located in Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria. The University opened on 7 October 1960. The University of Nigeria was the first full-fledged indigenous university in Nigeria. It was also the first autonomous university in Nigeria. It is modelled upon the American educational system. It is the first land-grant university in Africa. The University of Nigeria is one of the five elite universities in Nigeria. The university has 15 Faculties and 102 academic departments. The University offers 82 undergraduate programs and 211 postgraduate programmes.
Why should you visit Nsukka?
Nsukka is rich in the culture and tradition of the Igbo people. Nsukka is also great for business opportunities. The town is growing. It has increased industrial and commercial district. Nsukka also has a number of amazing tourist attractions. One of them is the Opi Lake Complex. That has 8 natural lakes.
What is the Best Time to Visit Nsukka
Nsukka has very moderate weather conditions. You can visit the area at any time of the year. The weather usually varies between rainy and dry. The rainy season begins in March and ends in October. November to February is the dry season.
How to get to Nsukka
Nsukka can be reached by air through the Akanu Ibiam Airport in Enugu (Enugu Airport). The airport operates domestic flights and an International route to Addis Ababa.
It is a one-hour road trip from the airport to Nsukka.
How to move around Nsukka
Nsukka has a good network of roads. That makes moving around quite easy. Buses are available. You can also use motorbikes and tricycles. Furthermore, you can use taxis.