[This post has already been read 1118 times!]
Starting April 4, 2019, Skype is doubling the number of people that can simultaneously be on a video or audio group call. You can now call and have up to 50 people in a call, all at once. Whether you’re catching up with your friends, having a team status update, or a conference call with speakers based all around the globe, Skype makes it easy to get everyone in one place. Every Skype group with up to 50 people now supports calling, whether you’re ringing just your best friend or 45 coworkers.
Group call notifications
With the increase in the number of participants, we also made a few changes to how these larger calls start. We added a notification to replace the ringing as the default, allowing every member of the group to receive a quick ping to join the call. These notifications are a simple, unobtrusive way to get your calls and meetings (be it between family, friends, podcast guests, or coworkers) started. If the notification of starting a call is not enough, you can select individual members to ring, or if your group is less than 25 participants, you can ring the entire group. Large group calling is available on the latest version of Skype.
The new Skype for Web
Skype launched the new Skype for Web in March 2019. Skype continues to be driven by the opportunity to connect our global community of hundreds of millions of users, empowering them to feel closer and achieve more together. They wrote on a blog that they are pleased to announce the launch of the new Skype for Web. In the blog, they write that you can now enjoy our latest features from any desktop (Windows 10 and Mac OSX10.12 or higher) with the latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
Here’s a look at the latest features on Skype for Web:
- HD video calling—Experience HD in one-to-one or group video calling, now with call reactions.
- Call recording—Capture special moments in a Skype call with your loved ones or record important meetings with colleagues.
- Notifications panel—Grab a cup of coffee and catch up on what you’ve missed in your notifications panel. Click the bell icon to see reactions to your messages, @mentions in group conversations, or if someone quoted you—all in one central place. Just click a message in the notifications panel to jump into the conversation.
- Find within conversations—You can now easily find messages in the current conversation by typing the word or phrase you want to find in the search box.
- Chat Media Gallery—Looking for the link or photo sent a few weeks ago? The Chat Media Gallery makes it easy to find files, links, and photos shared in a conversation, whether it was yesterday or last month. No more scrolling through your chat history—just click Gallery under the chat name to see all the files, links, and photos in the conversation.
Lucubrate Magazine 19 April 2019
The picture on the top of the article: rocketclips
Categories: Magazine, World, News, Technology